Learn how to design custom graphics using your own textures and patterns in Adobe Illustrator. In this fun design course, you’ll learn the ins and out of how to add effects to fonts to make unique art prints using some of your favorite quotes and sayings.
Your instructor, Erin Williams of Printable Crush, will start by showing you her process to create a custom hand-painted pattern on canvas. Then, you’ll learn how to upload your pattern into Adobe Illustrator for vectorization. From there, you’ll get an overview of the best fonts to use, how to edit your pattern, and add it into your fonts to finish up your final project: A custom art print that you can print or upload online.
Psst! It’s the perfect class if you’ve been wanting to sell custom prints on Etsy.STUDENT PERK: Along with this course, you’ll get access to a 5-page course workbook that you can use as a guidebook AND Erin's Adobe Illustrator template as a reference for your final project.
BY THE END OF THIS CLASS, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Trace and vectorize patterns so you can easily edit your designs to get it just right.
- Choose font pairings and use the best fonts for integrating patterns into.
- Resize and place your custom textures into fonts.
- Change your pattern colors to easily create multiple artwork options.
STUDENT PERK: Along with this course, you’ll get access to a 5-page course workbook that you can use as a guidebook AND Erin's Adobe Illustrator template as a reference for your final project.
Ready to create custom patterns for your digital art? Enroll in our Text Effects in Adobe Illustrator online class today!
SUPPLIES FOR THIS CLASS:
- Paint brush (round tip brush any size)
- Canvas board pack
- Acrylic paints
- Phone (to take photos)
- Adobe Illustrator installed on your laptop
YOUR 5-PAGE WORKBOOK INCLUDES:
- A welcome note from your instructor Erin
- A list of class supplies.
- A reference key for tools in Adobe Illustrator.
- A reference photo of your final project.
- A link to Erin's Creative Market shop where you can purchase patterns and fonts!.